Saturday, January 1, 2011

Ohana means family

And family means no one gets left behind...

Family means a lot to me. It makes me feel complete and like I have something stable and tangible to hold on to. It doesn't matter where I am at I always know I have my family to keep me strong and hold me up.

Now recently my family has kind of fallen to pieces and now we are kind of like a broken mirror with missing pieces and jagged edges. You can't really piece us back together and I have come to terms with it and I have come to be okay with it.. It still hurts but it gets easier every day.

But I have recently come into a family who knows love and shares it with me. I met them in the spring of 2010 when I started coaching my soccer team the CrazyLegs. I grew closer to them during the summer and have sealed my place in their family this New Years.

It really warmed my heart when John Windham called me his adopted daughter. I have a lot of famlies out there, I mean really lol, but when John was introducing me to everyone at the house that I did not know it really made me want to cry, in a good way. I really felt like a part of a family, one where all the pieces where put together.

It really makes me feel connected to them when Cole and Tate tell me they love me. But when I was there watching the fireworks with the family there was a moment when it all clicked and it felt real. I love this family with all my heart and I am more than blessed to be considered "one of the family".

No comments:

Post a Comment