Saturday, October 29, 2011

Caught Up In This Moment

I know these past few weeks haven't really been everything we've wanted them to be but there's been more progress than we can see. I'm trying really hard not to be overbearing and pushy. I'm trying to let you have your time to yourself and time to just figure things out. But my heart wants nothing more to be connected to yours again.
I can't sit here and say this has been easy on me. I'm sure it hasn't been easy on you, either. But I don't know what you are feeling or thinking so I don't know how easy or hard this has been on you. It seems as if anything can trigger a memory of us. I mean I was in the car the other day and "Just a Kiss" came on and I remember that trip back from Houston where you asked me about what did I think our first dance would be to. You said "This" and I told you "Just a Kiss" and we listened to it and you turned to me and said, "Oh my gosh! This is it!... I'm getting goosebumps!"
I don't have to sit here and tell you how much  I care for you or that I still love you and that I'm not going anywhere, you already know all of this. What you don't know is everything that I have come to realize in these past two weeks.
Today, after moving some stuff in to our new house, I sat down and read some of our old messages, just to see if there was anything I could have done or said that might have triggered this whole break between us. I know about when it happened and I could understand why you would start to question.
Maybe you are scared to finally have found that one person you actually want to spend your life with. And I think my mistake was getting so wrapped up in the thought of our future together that I started to act like a wife and less like a girlfriend. That was my mistake and I'm sorry for that.
I was talking to someone the other day and they asked if I could redo everything in my relationship, would I change something or keep it the same. I said I would not change a single thing, even now, I still would not want to change anything about our relationship. I love our relationship and yeah, we had fights but we also have a chemistry that is undeniable and so evident between us. 
More importantly I love the person you are. I love you ambition, and willingness to help people. You have talent oozing out of your pores. You smile and your eyes never cease to amaze me. You've got passion to be better than your childhood and you have drive for a great future!
I could sit here and ramble on and on but I just wanted to jot down a few things before I went off to bed. I did not go to the Josh Abbott concert tonight and it wasn't just because I am sick... more importantly I'm not ready to be there without you. Josh Abbott is OUR thing and I know I would have been miserable, not just from the cold, but remembering the June 24th concert and how much passion and love we had.
We still have it. I know we do. And I'm sure time is what we need but you know what time is on our side. I do hope you are having fun at the TKE Halloween party because you deserve it for all that studying you have been doing! Just be safe and I'm am always just a phone call away...




Crazy [Boy] lyrics 
Rodney you gotta let me speak.
You really oughta know that I
Just have to walk away sometimes

We're gonna do what lovers do
We're gonna have a fight or two
But I ain't ever changing my mind

Crazy boy, don't you know that I love you?
I wouldn't dream of going nowhere
Silly Rodney come here let me show you
Have I told you lately I love you like crazy, boy?

I wouldn't last a single day
I'd probably just fade away
Without you I'm losing my mind

Before you ever came along
I was living life all wrong
The smartest thing you ever did was make me all yours!

Crazy boy, don't you know that I love you?
I wouldn't dream of going nowhere
Silly Rodney, come here let me show you
Have I told you lately I love you like crazy, boy?
Like crazy, boy

Crazy boy, don't you know that I love you?
I wouldn't dream of going nowhere
Silly Rodney come here let me show you
Have I told you lately I love you like

Crazy boy, don't you know that I love you?
I wouldn't dream of going nowhere
Silly Rodney come here let me show you
Have I told you lately I love you like crazy, boy?

Like crazy
Crazy boy
Like crazy
Crazy boy


"Someday, someone will walk into your life, and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else."

No comments:

Post a Comment